Your estimated and actual income from your:
- independent practice (excluding medical legal report writing)
- medico-legal report writing.
- The number of sessions you perform, split between consultations and surgical work.
- An approximate split of your surgical work between minor, intermediate and major procedures.
You are responsible for making, after reasonable search, a Fair Presentation, in a clear and accessible manner, of all important and relevant information, at least sufficient to put a prudent insurer on notice to make enquiries and not to make any misrepresentations as required by the Insurance Act 2015.
A Fair Presentation is required in order for a reasonable insurer to decide whether to provide insurance or not and, if so, the terms and conditions of such insurance. The use of an application or proposal form supplied by insurers or Paragon does not relieve or reduce your responsibility to make a Fair Presentation of important and relevant information in a clear and accurate manner. If you do not make a Fair Presentation, then insurers may be able to:
- void the policy and provide no coverage with no return of premium.
- amend the terms of the insurance placement to exclude coverage under the policy.
- reduce the value of claims to be paid.
- charge you additional premium.
Your obligation to keep information up to date is on-going and therefore we ask that you advise us as soon as possible of any changes in respect of any of the information you have provided, so that we can pass such changes onto insurers for their acceptance or otherwise.